Mt. Rainier Tour Itinerary
Hyatt Regency @ 7:00 AM
Meeting at the Hyatt Regency Seattle at 808 Howell Street, our tour begins in our brand new 14 passenger mini coach as we get an early morning start to start the day. Custom ordered with the best AC/Heating system for your comfort. Your knowledgable guide will share information throughout the trip to prepare you for your Mt. Rainier visit. After a timely restroom stop, your first nature stop will be at Longmire where you'll have the opportunity to step out into the fresh mountain air and start a day that will be truly memorable. Should you choose, you can hike the Trail of the Shadows, a leisurely 0.7-mile loop through old growth forest and meadows.
Paradise is famous for its glorious views and wildflower meadows. When James Longmire's daughter-in-law, Martha, first saw this site, she exclaimed, "Oh, what a paradise!" And what a paradise it is. Here you will have adequate time to enjoy lunch and spend time hiking at a leisurely pace throughout the lodge area. Bring your binoculars, and you might even see climbers as they hike towards the Muir base camp on their way to the 14,410' summit. You will have ample time to enjoy Mother Nature whether it is a simple stroll on nice pathways or a more vigorous hike around Paradise Lodge.
Mt. Rainier is known for its splendor for not only the mountain but for its majestic waterfalls. During your Mt. Rainier visit us, you'll also have the opportunity to see and stop at waterfalls including Christine Falls. With the magnificent stone bridge framing the cascading water, you'll come to enjoy the beauty of the alpine wilderness and the brilliance of Mt. Rainier National Park. Your guide will even show you a unique photo tip to get your best waterfall photo.
One of the most beautiful lakes to photograph in the United States is Reflection Lake. Mt. Rainier sits directly behind the lake, and weather permitting, you'll have an opportunity to create a memorable photo on your trip with us. We'll give you ample time to get your "Bucket Shot" photo, and your guide will help to get the best group photo to remember your day with us.
Perfect End to Day
After leaving Mt. Rainier National Park, we'll have one last stop to replenish your energy and try one of the best burgers or milkshakes at Scaleburgers. A little roadside stand located in Elbe, WA that pays homage to its weigh station roots and always uses the best ingredients. No hockey puck frozen burgers, they buy their hamburger from a commercial butcher in nearby Olympia. Don't forget to try their most popular item on the menu, the chocolate hand-dipped shakes. Note: They only accept cash and close after Labor Day.
Frequently Asked Questions on the Mt. Rainier Tour
- Departure Location
- Meet your tour guide at the Hyatt Regency Seattle at 808 Howell Street no later than 7:00 AM. The bus pickup point is on the west side (8th Avenue) of the hotel at the charter bus loading zone.
- 7 AM Departure ?
- Mt Rainier is the most visited natural location in Washington State with over 2 million visitors each year. By getting an early start we can stay ahead of the crowds and other tour buses and have you back in Seattle by dinner time.
- Dates for the tours
- We run our Mt. Rainier Tours from June-October six days a week each day except for Wednesdays.
- What are the costs?
- The cost is $149.00 per person with discounts for seniors and children.
- Do you offer hotel pickups?
- Due to construction and unpredicitability of Seattle traffic, we are unable to offer individual hotel pickups at this time. Multiple requests for hotel pickups per day have caused late starts to tours. Our pickup point is within 10 minutes via Uber and Cab of over 80 downtown hotels.
- What will the weather be like at Mt. Rainier
- Weather on Mt. Rainier is pretty unpredictable, but generally warm and in the 70's in the summer. As we get closer to fall, the weather gets cooler and some chances of rain, which may obscure viewing of the mountain.
- What should we wear?
- It's best to look at the Mt. Rainier weather forcast the day before, but we suggest multiple layers as it can be chilly in the morning and shorts like weather in the afternoon during mid summer. Also wear good walking shoes or boots to make your day with us mor ecomfortable (this is not the place to wear high heels to look fashionable).
- Will children enjoy this tour?
- This might be one of the highlights of their trips to Seattle. Oftentimes there are still small patches of snow to play in and the opportunity to see wildlife can be a real treat. For infants, we do not have car seats available and higher elevations may cause pressure in their ears. Please call us if you have questions in this regard.
- Are the tours refundable?
- Yes, you can get a full refund up to 72 hours before your tour date. (Tickets booked through ticket resellers such as Viator and Expedia to be refunded with the ticket reseller directly and not through Shutter Tours).
- Do you offer any group discounts on this tour?
- Please contact Terry at 425-516-8838 for group discount information.
- Do you provide lunch?
- Lunch is not provided, and we suggest you bring along a snack or eat a late breakfast. Coffee and lunches are available to purchase at Paradise Lodge. We also offer Bottled water, Granola Bars and fruit snacks as a courtesy during the tour.
- How long is the tour?
- We depart the Hyatt Regency Seattle at 7:00 AM and arrive back between 5:00-5:30 PM just in time for dinner.
- What about wheelchairs and walkers?
- We can accommodate foldable wheelchairs and walkers for those that are ambulatory and can board the bus with minimal assistance. We are unable to accommodate motorized wheelchairs as the bus is not equipped with a ramp. Please call 425-516-8838 if you need clarification.
- Our Cancellation Policy
- Refundable up to 72 hours before tour starting time. We understand how difficult it is to make travel arrangements. Many tour companies will contact you the day of the tour and cancel because they have not sold enough tickets. Our policy is once a tour is booked we will fulfill our obligation to you so that you may enjoy the tour you have paid for despite the number of tickets sold.